Thank you for participating! Your feedback is an important part of planning for next ...Read More
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWAL POLICY
All registrations are non-transferable. Registrations are non-refundable after the specified cancellation dates outlined below.
- 50% refund on entry fee if the participant withdraws on or before midnight, December 31 2020
- 25% refund on entry fee if the participant withdraws on or before midnight, March 31 2021
Athletes who wish to withdraw must do so in writing by emailing email@example.com. It is the athletes’ responsibility to ensure that their email has been received, if you do not receive a response from the us within 7 days of your request then it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone on (08) 6245 2470
EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following are the terms and conditions of entry of TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA for the 2021 IRONMAN 70.3® Busselton. These terms are not
negotiable and by accepting an entry to the event via the TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA registration system and paying the entry fees you are hereby
acknowledging your acceptance of our terms and conditions (For competitors under 18, a parent or guardian must accept).
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with some of the conditions of registration then we recommend that you obtain advice to ensure you understand and accept the conditions of entry.
I agree to participate in this event on the following basis:
1. I acknowledge that competitive sporting events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
2. I understand that I should not participate in this event unless I have trained appropriately and will be in a fit state to complete the event safely. I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing medical condition and uncertain of my state of fitness then a medical practitioner should verify my physical condition.
3. I hereby declare that I am medically and physically fit and will not be affected by drugs or alcohol on Event day. I am psychologically fully capable of participating in and have undertaken adequate training for the Event.I undertake to voluntarily withdraw from the event if any of these statements prove to be incorrect on the Event day.
4. By participating, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury, loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands, and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Triathlon Australia, World Triathlon Corporation, TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA, its members, state and territory triathlon associations, Western Australian Government, event sponsors, event marshals and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
5. I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
6. I have provided or attached to my entry form details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of participating despite these conditions. I have supplied an emergency contact name and number, this person is contactable both during and after the event and is not another participant.
7. I hereby declare that if, as at Event Day, I have experienced any of the below in the preceding 14 days I will contact the event organisers to discuss my involvement in the event;
a)Have/had a fever
b)Have/had a symptom, even a minor symptom, of respiratory illness, such as a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose or nasal congestion
c)Been a cruise ship passenger or crew who travelled
d)Been in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19
e)Waiting for the result of a COVID-19 test
f)Tested positive for COVID-19.
Or any other actions that are in contradiction to current State or Federal Government restrictions.
If I am experiencing any of the above medical signs of possible Covid-19 infection on the race day, I will voluntarily withdraw from and not attend the Event.
I further acknowledge that event organisers may respond to any above disclosure by me in any way they reasonably deem fit, including barring me from competing in or attending the Event.
8. I understand that compulsory insurance cover affected for participants in this event may not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
9. Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, and bicycle and helmet safety checks) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
10. My event registration is not transferable to other people or other events. Any attempt to transfer my entry or allow another person to participate under my name without the event organiser’s knowledge may result in total cancellation without refund, insurance being deemed void and inability to enter further TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA and/or IRONMAN events.
11. If I wish to withdraw from the event, the following withdrawal policy will apply:
A 50% refund on entry will be provided if the participant withdraws on or before midnight 31st December 2020. A 25% refund on entry fee will be provided if the participant withdraws on or before midnight 31 March 2021.
After 31 March 2021, without exception no refunds will be provided.
12. The Active.com processing fee and the purchase of additional items is non-refundable.
13. I hereby acknowledge and agree that the Organisation will have the right to modify the Event or any aspect thereof (including the race rules) or to cancel the Event:
a)In event of any circumstances which prior to or during the Event, in the sole discretion of the Organisation, pose or may pose an unacceptable risk or danger to people or property. Without derogating from the generality of the above, such circumstances may include but are not limited to storm, rain, winds, currents, attack or risk of attack by sea creatures or any other inclement weather or ocean conditions;
- b)Should it be required under any statutory framework or should the Organisation be so directed or ordered by any authority or agency with relevant jurisdiction; or
In event of such modification or cancellation of the Event the Organisation will have no obligation to refund my Event entry fee or any portion thereof.
14. I agree to abide by all race results and directions issued by the event organiser and/or the relevant sport’s governing body.
15. I certify I will receive a race briefing prior to the event that I will view and abide by.
16. I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the images, my name and my performance for promotional broadcasting, reporting purposes and/or other purposes at any time by any form of media without my further consent being necessary. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
17. I acknowledge and consent to the event organisers providing my personal details (limited to race number, full name and email address) to the FINISHER PIX PHOTOS for the purpose of promoting photographs from the event. FINISHER PIX PHOTOS will place photos from the event on their website, which will be available for purchase and will email you following the race informing you of this.
19. In no event may I (or anyone else on my behalf) without the prior written consent of World Triathlon Corporation, its assignees, or its designees: (a) use any intellectual property of World Triathlon Corporation and/or its affiliates, including, but not limited to, the Ironman®, 70.3®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, Velothon®, Cape Epic®, 5150®, and Rock ‘n’ Roll® marks and names, the “M-Dot” logo, “K-Dot” logo (collectively, the “WTC IP”) and/or any words or marks that refer to, or are suggestive of, or confusingly similar to, the Event, any Event logo, Event name, Event location, Event date, or Event race distance (collectively, “Event IP”), or (b) sell, market, distribute, or produce any products, events, merchandise, websites, or services that are IRONMAN®-branded, 70.3®-branded, Event-branded, or branded or marked using (i) any Event logo, (ii) any Event name, (iii) any Event IP, or (iv) or any WTC IP (including without limitation the word “IRON” or any foreign translation thereof as a prefix for, or component of, any race, event, trade name, trademark, organization name, club name, or brand of any kind, in each case in any way related to triathlon, triathletes, training, coaching, or any endurance sports).
20. I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database which may be used for commercial purposes. I acknowledge that TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA will automatically subscribe me to the monthly event email newsletter, which contains important information and updates relating to events. I acknowledge that I may also receive communication from World Triathlon Corporation or Triathlon Australia. I can opt-out at any time by clicking the relevant link in any of these communications.
21. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event including my bike and other valuable items within the race transition area. TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions.
22. I acknowledge that I will receive a race timing chip and band at all timed events which remains the property of TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA. A recorded time is not guaranteed. Should I not return my timing band to TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA I agree to reimburse them $100 for the chip and $5.00 for the band. Timing chips must be returned on race day at the designated area post finish line.
23. I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and I have read this document and understand and accept the terms and conditions it contains.