A bumper field of Professional athletes headlined by world champions Terenzo Bozzone, Crai...Read More
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWAL POLICY
All Registrations are non-refundable after the specified cancellation dates. Registrations are non-transferrable.
Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to withdraw, must do so in writing to the race office via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the athletes’ responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. All requests will be responded to. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 7 days of request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone 08 9443 9778.
Upon confirmation of this request, athletes may be eligible for a partial refund of their entry fee (details below):
- A 50% refund on entry fee will be provided if the participant withdraws on or before midnight 31 December 2017.
- A 25% refund on entry fee will be provided if the participant withdraws on or before 31 March 2018.
- After this date without exception no refunds will be provided.
ACTIVE Fees and FinisherPix Fees paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Event Registration Insurance is available for purchase at the time of registration. Cost is 10% of race fees. For more information please click here.
EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following are the terms and conditions of entry of TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA for the 2018 IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton. These terms are not negotiable and by accepting an entry to the event via the TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA registration system and paying the entry fees you are hereby acknowledging your acceptance of our terms and conditions (For competitors under 18, a parent or guardian must accept).
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with some of the conditions of registration then we recommend that you obtain advice to ensure you understand and accept the conditions of entry.
I agree to participate in this event on the following basis:
1. I acknowledge that competitive sporting events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
2. I understand that I should not participate in this event unless I have trained appropriately and will be in a fit state to complete the event safely. I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing medical condition and uncertain of my state of fitness then a medical practitioner should verify my physical condition.
3. By participating, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury, loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Triathlon Australia, TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA, its members, state and territory triathlon associations, Western Australian Government, event sponsors, event marshals and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
4. I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
5. I have provided or attached to my entry form details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of participating despite these conditions. I have supplied an emergency contact name and number, this person is contactable both during and after the event and is not another participant.
6. I understand that compulsory insurance cover affected for participants in this event may not cover me for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
7. Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, and bicycle and helmet safety checks) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
8. My event registration is not transferable to other people or other events. Any attempt to transfer my entry or allow another person to participate under my name without the event organiser’s knowledge may result in total cancellation without refund, insurance being deemed void and inability to enter further TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA events.
9. If I wish to withdraw from the event, the following withdrawal policy will apply:
- A 50% refund on entry will be provided if the participant withdraws on or before midnight 31st December 2017
- A 25% refund on entry fee will be provided if the participant withdraws on or before 31st March 2018.
After this date without exception no refunds will be provided.
10. The Active.com processing fee is non-refundable.
11. Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
12. I agree that if the event is cancelled or postponed due to storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or other ‘Act of God’ conditions or safety concerns, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
13. I agree to abide by all race results and directions issued by the event organiser and/or the relevant sport’s governing body.
14. I certify I will receive a race briefing prior to the event that I will view and abide by.
15. I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the images, my name and my performance for promotional broadcasting, reporting purposes and/or other purposes at any time by any form of media without my further consent being necessary. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
16. I acknowledge and consent to the event organisers providing my personal details (limited to race number, full name and email address) to FINISHER PIX PHOTOS for the purpose of promoting photographs from the event. FINISHER PIX will place photos from the event on their website, which will be available for purchase and will email you following the race informing you of this.
17. I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database which may be used for commercial purposes. I acknowledge that TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA will automatically subscribe me to the monthly event email newsletter, which contains important information and updates relating to events. I acknowledge that I may also receive communication from World Triathlon Corporation or Triathlon Australia. I can opt-out at any time by clicking the relevant link in any of these communications.
18. I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event including my bike and other valuable items within the race transition area. TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions.
19. I acknowledge that I will receive a race timing chip and band at all timed events which remains the property of TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA. A recorded time is not guaranteed. Should I not return my timing band to TRIATHLON WESTERN AUSTRALIA I agree to reimburse them $55.00 for the chip and $5.00 for the band. Timing chips must be returned on race day at the designated area post finish line.
20. I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and I have read this document and understand and accept the terms and conditions it contains.