Triathlon WA has just awarded grants to 12 affiliated clubs thanks to the SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton. The money was awarded as part of the Sports Development Fund which was set up to help clubs with the development of the sport in WA.
Here's a snapshot of some of the projects and initiatives being funded this round:
- Developing a new program to upskill existing club coaches
- Developing a new swimming course for novice members.
- Developing a new training program for junior athletes
- Continuing an existing para-triathlon program
- Subsidising an event/traffic management course for club members
- Purchasing club trailers, tents, banners, signage and equipment
- Creating a new club website
The Fund is made possible through Triathlon WA's operation of the Busselton Festival of Triathlon and is an example of how your registration fees go back into developing triathlon in WA. Congratulations again to all of these clubs!