Event Postponement FAQs
Please understand that there are many issues to consider in postponing an event of this scale. We aim to answer as many questions as possible below. However these will continue to be updated as we put structures in place for the new event date.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you require any further assistance.
What date will the 2020 SunSmart Busselton Festival of Triathlon be held?
The date for the SunSmart Busselton Festival of Triathlon is 16-18 October 2020. Please note that this has been postponed from 1-3 May 2020 due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
The SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton will be held on Saturday 17 October 2020.
The SunSmart Kids Triathlon and Funman Teams Triathlon will both be held on Sunday 18 October 2020.
At this stage, all event times will remain as planned for the May event. We will notify participants as early as possible if these are changed.
Why has the event been postponed?
Based on the advice from the Western Australian Government
and due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, Triathlon WA has made the decision to postpone the 2020 SunSmart Busselton Festival of Triathlon, originally scheduled for 1-3 May 2020. The new event date will be 16-18 October 2020. Triathlon WA takes the health and well-being of our members and the wider community very seriously and feel it’s appropriate to take steps to ensure we protect this wherever we can.
How can I get more information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?
For updates regarding COVID-19 please visithttps://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/coronavirus
What do I need to do?
If you are already registered for any of the SunSmart Busselton Festival of Triathlon events your registration will automatically be transferred to the new dates. You do not need to do anything. You will receive an email to confirm your entry on the new dates.
If you have not yet registered for this event, we urge you to do so in the coming days to help us provide you with the best experience possible.
Please note we have temporarily closed the entry system in order to make the necessary changes. We will re-open for October registrations as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on your email and social media for updates.
What do I do if I cannot make the new event date?
If you are unable to attend the event in October 2020, you may defer your entry to the 2021 SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton. This event will be held on Saturday 1st May 2021. If you would like to defer your entry to 2021 please notify us via email prior to our cut-off date of 11.59pm Thursday 9th April 2020.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What date is the 2021 SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton due to be held?
The 2021 SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton will be held on Saturday 1st May 2021.
Will the Withdrawal Policy be updated?
The current Withdrawal Policy of 25% refund will remain in place until 11.59pm Friday 18th September.
Following this date, no refunds will be provided.
Will Registration Tier pricing change?
The current Tier 4 pricing will remain in place until further notice.
Can I still qualify for the 70.3 World Championships?
We are still trying to sort out the qualifying system for the new race. We will issue an update when we know more.