JOIN US ON THE START LINE IN 2019
Entries are now open for the 2019 SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton for individuals and teams.
The best in the west, the SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton is the largest IRONMAN 70.3 event in the southern hemisphere and a race not to be missed.Held in the picturesque south west town of Busselton on Saturday 4 May 2019, this is the National Long Course Championships.There are also 30 qualifying spots for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships in Nice, France.
The race incorporates 1.9km swim in the pristine waters of Geographe Bay, 90.1km flat and fast bike leg through the Tuart Forest and a 21.1km run along the foreshore of Busselton. With a big crowd of locals lining the course, cheering you on, it’s a great place to go for your personal best or take on the event for the first time
2019 SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton Registration Details:
Early Bird Individual Registrations:
- Triathlon Australia Members - $360.00 plus 8% Active fee
- Non-Triathlon Australia Members - $385.00 plus 8% Active fee
Early Bird Teams Registrations:
- Triathlon Australia Members - $460.00 plus 8% Active fee
- Non-Triathlon Australia Members - $485.00 plus 8% Active fee
Don't miss your chance to be part of this iconic event. Register early to be sure that we see YOU on the starting line. To register, click here.
ABOUT BUSSELTON, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
For an extraordinary holiday, you need to go to an extraordinary destination. So if you’re looking to step into a world of awe-inspiring beauty and discover experiences found nowhere else on earth, you’ve come to the right place. Australia's South West has been chosen by Lonely Planet as one of the world's Top 10 Regions to visit.
Discover towering forests to whale watching, fine food and wine to world class surfing, Australia's South West offers some of the most varied travel experiences in Western Australia.
- Enjoy a delicious coffee from the White Elephant Beach Cafe while you venture out to Surfers Point to watch local surfers carve up incredible surf.
- Taste a hard earned ale and eat up a storm where all the cool kids hang out at the Beer Farm in Metricup. Pinball machines, a Giant waterslide and hammocks while you enjoy incredible food and drinks.
- Spend the whole afternoon indulging in premium wines and fine artisan foods, hopping between the cellar doors and gourmet produce stores of Margaret River.
- Get lost in the Giant Hedge Maze at Amaze'n Margaret River which can provide hours of family fun and entertainment that won't be too hard on those weary legs post race.
For more information about Busselton go to https://www.margaretriver.com/about-us/
EVENT REGISTRATION INSURANCE
Taking on an event like the SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton is a big commitment.It involves months of training and is also a sizeable financial commitment.This insurance is designed to help take the risk out of signing up early for such a big event and covers you right up until the starting gun goes.
Event Registration Insurance will refund you the registration fees (regardless of cancellation and withdrawal policy) should you not be able to compete. Training injury - covered; unexpected family illness - covered; flights delayed – covered; work not taking your race into consideration and sending you away - covered!
The cost is simply 10% of your registration fee and can only be purchased at the time of registration. Factor it in now for peace of mind later. For more information, click here.
New to the event in 2019, Triathlon WA is offering a deferral program to the 2020 SunSmart IRONMAN 70.3 Busselton. Registrations that are completed by 9 December 2018 can be deferred to next years event at no cost.
Deferral requests will only be honoured up until 11.59pm (WST) 21st March, 2019 (45 days out from event). For more information click here.